Table setting can be a lot of fun, especially when you are having people over. The perfect table setting is sure to wow your guests. There are lots of ideas, and they can all work for different occasions. Give some of these ideas a try!
– Go for color – but not too much. Color adds life to a table, but overdoing it can distract eaters from food. Try out two coordinating colors. Mix and match throughout the table with your tablecloth, placemats, and napkins.
– Consider accenting your table with an overlay – a smaller table cloth that sits on top of the floor-length one. This will add texture, color, and drama.
– Forget the tablecloth. If your table is attractive, a tablecloth only hides its beauty. Do use placements to protect your table from heat and scratches.
– Decorate your table with a theme inspired by your menu. Are you serving French food? Look for European-style linens and Parisian accessories.
– Get creative with napkin folds. Whimsically folded napkins show that you put thought into your event, and they are often a conversation starter.
– Use accessories from around your home. Don’t be concerned that your things “belong” elsewhere. A table comes alive with unexpected surprises, like minature figurines at each setting or a purse holding utensils.
– Keep it simple. For a perfectly lovely table, you only need to add a beautiful centerpiece. This becomes the focal point of the room. You can use flowers, candles (unscented), sculptures, or any accessory found elsewhere in your home. Just remember not to create a centerpiece that is so large it obstructs the line of vision across the table. You want people to be able to chat easily.
When you pay attention to your table setting, you are showing your guests that you really care. A beautiful table is one of the highlights of a dinner party – second, of course, to the company of good friends!